Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Jobs
An Assistant Executive Housekeeper will support all Housekeeping and Laundry operations including the development of the Team Members with in the group so to provide an exceptional experience for our Guests.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Executive Housekeeper will also be required to assist the Executive Housekeeper/Housekeeping Manager and monitor standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist with overseeing Housekeeping/Laundry operations
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Ensure consistently high operating standards in every area of Housekeeping and Laundry, as identified by the hotel brand standards
- Perform routine inspections of all Housekeeping areas and report any issues to the Executive Housekeeper
- Implement, effectively, all Housekeeping policies and procedures including Health and Safety and security
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of all Housekeeping Team Members with an emphasis on training and team work
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training to support the Executive Housekeeper
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Support managing, training and developing the team
- Deputise in absence of the Executive Housekeeper
- Provide excellent guest service
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
An Assistant Executive Housekeeper serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Housekeeping/laundry experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- A high school certificate or equivalent
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
- Proficiency, at a basic level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Knowledge of Workplace, Health, Safety and Hygiene is essential
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
- Experience managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- High level of IT proficiency