Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Jobs
A Director of Finance will be responsible for all accounting and financial requirements for the Hotel in an environment of tight control. Providing financial support, advice and expertise to the General Manager and Hotel Team, with the aim of maximizing value. To develop the quality of the finance function within the Hotel and will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Finance, you will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible:
Overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the hotel ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetables.
• Ensure that the balance sheet is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel. The balance sheet must be regularly reviewed and reconciliation's performed of all accounts.
• Ensure compliance with the management agreement with Hilton Worldwide, and any Owner / Lease agreement.
• Maintain a focused system of internal controls, which will provide an effective and efficient control over the hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs. Ensure compliance with company policy.
• Ensure legal and tax compliance and that adequate insurance cover is maintained. Manage the pension scheme, where applicable, ensuring that adequate accounting, actuarial and legal controls are in place.
• Ensure proper permits and licenses have been obtained for such matters as importation, currency transfers and hotel operations (bars, clubs, casinos etc.). Take responsibility for the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts, which may affect the financial status of the hotel.
• Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External Audit. Ensure that an effective programmed of in-hotel audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required. Give particular emphasis to ensuring that all revenue is captured. Make use of a monthly control checklist.
• Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures. Financial reporting and control to be an area of continuous review and development with the aim of maximizing both impact and efficiency.
• Ensure full reconciliation of all bank accounts on a monthly basis. The highest standards of control must be maintained over all cash and bank balances at all times.
• Understand and measure cost drivers for the hotel. Utilise innovative analysis to stimulate thought and management action.
• Ensure that adequate purchasing procedures are in operation so that purchases of goods and services are made in the most cost-effective manner.
• Utilise project evaluation techniques to assist in directing investment to those projects which optimise returns both for the individual project and the enterprise as a whole.
• Prepare and review the AFE, ensuring financial accuracy and sound commercial and business judgement is applied to the process, and that authorisation is obtained prior to commitment of the hotel to expenditure.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Finance serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, specially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.