A Receiving Assistant will manage the goods and deliveries moving in and out of the hotel and will ensure that these deliveries reach the appropriate destinations and logged according to Hilton Worldwide's purchasing and procurement standards.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As Receiving Clerk, you will accept and control all incoming deliveries, maintaining an optimal goods inventory, correct storage and issue of goods. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Acceptance and close control of all incoming goods in respect of volume and quantity
- Enter all internal goods movements into the computer system daily
- Carry out monthly inventories with Controlling; ensure orderliness and cleanliness in her/his area of responsibility
- Responsible for acceptance and rough checks on all items entering the hotel by volume and quality
- Issue immediate complaints
- Ensure that all articles reach their place of destination immediately
- Ensure orderly acceptance and passing on of events material and its return from the ramp
- Loan and empties return from the warehouse carried out independently
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness in her/his area of responsibility
A Receiving Clerk serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous receiving experience with stock control responsibility
- Relevant degree, in Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution