- To lead and carry out Mechanical design base on project requirement.
- Good understanding in factory automation, provide own ideas and / or design mechanical machinery according given specification.
- To prepare specification for new machine requirements.
- To come out with complete designs from conceptual idea until detailed manufacturing drawing.
- To liaise with Electronic and software design team on new Equipment design.
- Review design for compliance with engineering principals, company standards and process requirement
- To source standard/best mechanical component for use. e.g, bearing, linear guide, actuator, Pneumatic, robots etc.
- Select / compare possible vendor and negotiate quotation for unit or part fabrication therefore be familiar with machining technology and equipment’s such as milling, grinding, lathe, wire cut and EDM.
- Prepare finish design module data collections and reports
- Prepare operation manual and complete documentation after design completed
- Provide training according prepared schedule to end user for qualify finish machine
- Have good experience in design and assembly custom automated machine
- Prepare project budgetary quote and timeline and trace project from design approval till BUY OFF
- To be capable work under pressure and handle multiple projects.
- Computer literate with good knowledge in Solidworks CAD design and simulation.
- Familiar with exchange and integrate drawings from other 3D CAD software and step files of standard parts
- Prepare fast fabrication drawings out of 3D design including GDT
- At least Diploma/Degree in Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Metal Fabrication/Tool & Die/Welding),
- Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) is required
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Advanced/higher/Graduate Diploma or equivalent .
- At least 3-5 year(s) of working experience in independent equipment design.
- Experience in back end Semiconductor equipment is added advantage
- Applicants must be willing to work in Seremban and other ON factories.
- •Independent, hardworking and creative.
- Strong background in technical calculations and some knowledge in pneumatic control system.
- Posses hands-on experience in mechanical systems debugging and troubleshooting
- Able to work out project costing and timeline base on conceptual design and follow up project progress
- Able to source and compare suitable parts and units, like laser, vision, robot supplier.
- Trouble shoot design flaws (maybe redesign the system in very short period)
- Good understanding on sensors integration for automation.
- Be familiar with ISO and EHS standard and Microsoft office tools
- Able to guide subordinates
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online via JobsCentral
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.