Effective Date: 01 July 2014
Access to and use of this portal is provided by JobsCentral. ("JobsCentral") subject to the following terms:
- By using this portal you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this portal. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this portal.
- JobsCentral may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by JobsCentral. Your continued use of this portal after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of This Portal
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this portal content, in full or in part, in any way. Any use of this portal's content requires the prior written permission of JobsCentral.
- You agree to use this portal only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of this portal. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this portal.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- This portal's content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to JobsCentral, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether expressed or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will JobsCentral be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this portal regardless of the form of action.
- JobsCentral does not warrant that functions contained in this portal will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this portal or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying JobsCentral or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of JobsCentral and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of JobsCentral or any other third party.
- All information, images, databases and other data collected by this portal belongs to JobsCentral.
Contributions to This portal
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to this portal (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant JobsCentral a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to JobsCentral the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to this portal.
- Further to the above paragraph, by submitting your contribution to This portal, you:
- warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to JobsCentral for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify JobsCentral against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by JobsCentral as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on this portal and the purposes specified above.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
JOBSCENTRAL CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions apply for the all contests (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") to be run on www.jobscentral.com.my (hereinafter referred to as the "portal") and shall be binding on all persons ("Contestant") entering into this Contest. Entry and participation in this Contest shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by a Contestant of all terms and conditions.
The Organizer is JobsCentral, the operator and manager of www.jobscentral.com.my (the "Organizer").
Entry is available to all registered members of the portal, who are Malaysian residents aged 18 years or over.
A person is ineligible to participate in the Contest and redeem any prizes if they have won a prize in any Contest run on the portal 30 days prior to their entry in this Contest.
CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
All Contests will have their separate terms and conditions which will be shown in the respective contest page or site.
The terms and conditions of those Contests will run alongside the terms and conditions listed here.
- All prize winner(s) will be notified at the time of winning by telephone and then by e-mail.
- If the Organizer does not receive a response to our email within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited.
- The Organizer will not be responsible for any SMS not received or sent by winners due to mobile operators' system failure, etc.
Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as a result of a Prize being awarded or received
Prizes unclaimed after a period of seven (7) days will be forfeited.
PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND COPYRIGHT
- Contestants may be required by the Organizer to participate in interviews, photo, video and/or film sessions and acknowledge that the Organizer has the right to use such interviews, publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, without payment of any compensation whatsoever.
- Contest entries and material ("Materials") submitted in connection with any Contest (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of Contestants become the property of the Organizer which may use the material in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- Copyright in the Materials shall vest absolutely in the Organizer.
- The Organizer may incorporate information from Contestants in any data base for use in the ordinary course of its business.
- The Contestant shall not without the specific prior written consent of the Organizer publish or disclose any information in connection with the Contest or the Prize (without limitation to representatives of media in whatsoever form).
- The Contestant shall not be entitled to give interviews or be involved in articles or reports in respect of the Contest or the Prize with any third party.
- The Contestant hereby grants and assigns to the Organizer the entire copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Contest and its involvement in the Contest in all media and technology.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
To the extent permitted by law, all entrants release from, and indemnify the Organizer against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the
Contest including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
LINE DROP OUT AND INABILITY TO CONTACT
- All entries via the internet are sent at the risk of the Contestant and in the event there are technical difficulties experienced arising out of the internet or from any associated equipment or internet security is compromised, the Organizer may at its absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry and shall not accept any liability doing so.
- In the event where the Contest requires online registration, the Organizer shall have the right to call/nominate next best Contestant/Winner if the Organizer is unable to reach the current/existing Contestant/Winner.
- If a Contestant is suspected of cheating or manipulating the system which may affect the results of the Contest, the Organizer may in its absolute discretion terminate the Contest immediately.
EXCLUSION OF PARTICIPANTS
The organizer reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Contest or a prize for any reason, including but not limited to, that person’s medical condition or history, the preservation of the safety of the organizer's staff members or any other person or because the organizer deems that the behavior of a person may bring the organizer's brand into disrepute.
Contestants under the age of 18 years are not eligible for any prizes to be awarded in this contest.
TERMINATION OF CONTEST
The Organizer may terminate this Contest at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any Contestant or other person at anytime without giving any reason whatsoever.
All matters or decisions relating to this Contest, Prize and these terms and conditions shall be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entertained.
FAILURE TO ENFORCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A failure by the Organizer to enforce any of these terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any person.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
CHANGING OF CONTEST MECHANICS AND PRIZES
The Organizer reserves the right to modify or change the mechanics and prizes offered for the Contest either temporarily or permanently, at any time or from time to time, with or without prior notice.
TEA TREATS ON US
- Only one employer is selected to receive the 'Tea Treat' on a monthly basis. The Organizer reserves the right to select which company receives the treat.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or change the mechanics and treats offered for the campaign either temporarily or permanently, at any time or from time to time, with or without prior notice.
This career portal is owned by JobsCentral Pte Ltd, a CareerBuilder company.
P-7-12, Street Mall One South, Jalan OS, Taman Serdang Perdana, Seksyen 6, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: +603 8940 7688 | Fax: +603 8940 5798